Welcome to Finger Lakes East! This region includes Ontario, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties
We have 32 local members, with a state wide membership of 729!
For more information about this region, please contact:
Katie Herman, Area Coordinator
5331 Sunflower Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14424
H: (585) 738-8358
W: (315) 548-6306
|Maureen Bolger, Professional Development
We need even more members so we can remain strong as an area and as a profession! Here are benefits you will receive when you pay the dues to join NYSAFCSE:
- Area Meetings with networking and professional development opportunities are offered monthly!
- State updates and current information on how to keep FACS going strong are sent to your email promptly!
- Monday Memos have pertinent information all FACS teachers should know!
- Strong leaders continue to promote and advocate for our profession!
- and much, much more!
Our FLE Professional Development chair, Maureen Bolger, has delivered an exciting professional development calendar for the 2016-2017 school year.
1. September 13, 2016 3:30-6:00 Opening Year Meeting with FLW
"Careers in Culinary Arts and Business"
Location: Monroe Community College
2. October 6, 2016 3:30-6:00 Joint meeting with FLW
Personal Finance Education for Students
Location: Victor Jr./Sr. High School
953 High Street, Victor, NY 14564
RSVP by Friday, September 30th: email@example.com
NYSAFCSE 2016-17 PD Goals: 6a-Increasing student academic achievement
6b-Increase student mastery of knowledge
3. November 17, 2016 3:30-6:00
Pathways to College & Career Readiness: 16 Career Clusters
Presenter: Pam Sisto, Geneva Middle School
Location: Geneva Middle School, Room 118, 101 Carter Rd. Geneva, NY 14456
RSVP by Monday, November 14th to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYSAFCSE 2016-2017 PD Goals: 2 Career Readiness:
a. Employability Profile/Career Plan
c. Career identification resources and On-line learning
d. Career Clusters
4. March 30, 2017 3:30-6:00
"But this isn't a Science class!" Or is it?!"
Presenter: Barb Mikler-Crandon, Newark High School
Location: Newark High School, Room 180, 625 Peirson Avenue, Newark, NY 14513
RSVP by Monday, March 27th to: email@example.com
NYSAFCSE 2016-2017 PD Goals:
3. Maintaining Professional Standards; e - Skill building and Updates
6. Utilizing Professional Learning Communities; a - Increase student achievement,
b. Increase student mastery of knowledge & skills
7. Supporting the Standards through Technology; c - STEM and STEAM
5. April 26, 2017 3:30-6:00
Growth Mindset: Why we should be thinking this way and how it can help
our students achieve their full potential
Presenter: Amanda Muster, Health Teacher, Marion Middle & High School
Location: Marion Jr/Sr High School, Room 51, 4034 Warner Rd. Marion, NY
RSVP by Monday, April 24th to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYSAFCSE 2016-2017 PD Goals:
3. Health and Wellness Initiatives; g - Growth vs. Fixed Mindset
6. Utilizing Professional Learning Communities; a - Increase student academic