How To Celebrate and Promote Career and Technical Education All Year Long!
- Display the 2016 logo in your classroom and hallways. This is a great way to engage in conversation about Career and Technical Education!
- Plan to teach a career unit in Home and Career Skills and FACS courses in the first part of the spring semester. Focus on CTE and the new Multiple Pathways available.
Invite high school students enrolled in CTE programs to talk about their career pathway with students in your Home and Career Skills courses.
- Assign students to complete a career investigation and display their posters in the hallways to highlight FACS/CTE career pathways.
- Advocate for CTE and your program by sharing stories of your students' success with your principal, school board and local community.
- If your school has a Facebook page, post highlights of the CTE Month events in your classroom and at your school
- If your school has a Twitter page, tweet about the CTE Month events in your classroom and at your school
- Arrange to make presentations at various clubs and organization on the value of partnerships with CTE
- Make a video profiling successful alumni and where they work
- Write a blog and submit it to your administration to post on your school website
- Have your students create banners and posters featuring CTE Month and decorate your school
- Have your students plan an activity for an open house for parents and guardians at your school
- Attach a CTE Month announcement flyer to minutes or newsletters of organizations
- Make room for an exhibit in your school featuring CTE Month activities
- Use a special message promoting CTE Month in the morning school announcements and when answering your telephones
- Post electronic announcements to your school website, marquee, and bulletin boards
- Distribute copies of public relations materials to your teachers
- Recognize your CTE teachers and student organization
Career and Technical Education Information Resources
Career and Technical Education Program Approval
Program Approval Process and Implementation Guide
CTE Programs Approved - (by subject area)
CTE Programs Approved - (by area of state)